Have a Pest Problem? Ignoring it Won’t Fix Anything, Seek Professional Help!
Pest control problems can be a detriment not only to the integrity of your home, but also to the health of your family. Insects carry disease, as do rodents, and they are the two main types of pests that people want removed from their homes. However, getting rid of pests can pose many problems if you attempt to do it yourself. Emergency pest control especially is especially daunting, and should probably be left to professionals.
Pest control management differs depending on the type of pest and the severity of the situation, so looking for information on how to get rid of pests in your home as opposed to how to get rid of bugs in house, which is a little more specific, will probably do your cause more justice. There are many different kinds of bugs even, so you really need to have an idea of what you are looking to get rid of before you start looking for an antidote to your problems.
To give you an idea of what I mean, here are some facts about different kinds of pest types so you can see how some of the major types vary, which is why getting rid of pests is so specialized.
- There are over 12,000 different species of ants.
- American roaches can spread at least 30 different strains of bacteria, as well as six different types of parasitic worms, and as few as seven other types of pathogens humans can contract.
- There are more than 100 different kinds of spiders that have the ability to mimic ants by evolving similar appearances which even include similar pheremones!
- Termites use scent trails that guide other workers to the right areas using glands located on their chests. Every colony of termites produces a different, distinctive scent, which they identify by a chemical that is on their cuticles.
- A certain species of spider, the ogre faced spider, creates a net that it weaves specifically between its front two legs, which it dangles over places it knows prey is likely to pass by.